I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Career Advice for the Novice SQL Server DBA – Take a look at a compilation of the results of a recent survey collated by Brad McGehee.
- Bug: log file growth broken for multiples of 4GB – An interesting bug here concerning the management of SQL Server Log files with respect to VLF’s.
- Resolving DTC Related Waits and Tuning Scalability of DTC – A nice technically detailed article about experiences working with the Distributed Transaction Coordinator(DTC).
- Are non-modified FILESTREAM files excluded from DIFFERENTIAL backups? – Find out how you can find out with this walk-through from Tibor Karaszi.
- SQL SERVER – Four Posts on Removing the Bookmark Lookup – Key Lookup – A good collection of four posts here from Pinal Dave, that cover the often misunderstood query tuning topic of Bookmark Lookups.
- SQL-U Day Four SSIS Fundamentals : Miscellaneous Components – I’ve been getting my hands dirty with SSIS recently for first time in a long while and during my readings I stumbled across an excellent Blog post series authored by Josef Richberg. The content is detailed and thoroughly well presented. I recommend you taker a look.
- Conor vs. Anti-Semi-Join Reordering – Interesting performance tuning information regarding the behaviour of the Query Optimizer.
- What 5 things should SQL Server get rid of? – This is the kick off post from Paul Randal. Responders included:
SQL Server Upcoming Events
- 24 Hours of PASS 2010 – 19th May, Global.
- SQLCruise – 2nd August – This will be awesome!
- Keeping up with PASS – Useful links for keeping up with all the PASS community events, collated by BradMcGehee.