I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss out on posts by Subscribing to the Blog Feed. You can also receive this Blog feed via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Career Advice for the Novice SQL Server DBA – Take a look at a compilation of the results of a recent survey collated by Brad McGehee.
- Bug: log file growth broken for multiples of 4GB – An interesting bug here concerning the management of SQL Server Log files with respect to VLF’s.
- Resolving DTC Related Waits and Tuning Scalability of DTC – A nice technically detailed article about experiences working with the Distributed Transaction Coordinator(DTC).
- Are non-modified FILESTREAM files excluded from DIFFERENTIAL backups? – Find out how you can find out with this walk-through from Tibor Karaszi.
- SQL SERVER – Four Posts on Removing the Bookmark Lookup – Key Lookup – A good collection of four posts here from Pinal Dave, that cover the often misunderstood query tuning topic of Bookmark Lookups.
- SQL-U Day Four SSIS Fundamentals : Miscellaneous Components – I’ve been getting my hands dirty with SSIS recently for first time in a long while and during my readings I stumbled across an excellent Blog post series authored by Josef Richberg. The content is detailed and thoroughly well presented. I recommend you taker a look.
- Conor vs. Anti-Semi-Join Reordering – Interesting performance tuning information regarding the behaviour of the Query Optimizer.
- What 5 things should SQL Server get rid of? – This is the kick off post from Paul Randal. Responders included:
SQL Server Upcoming Events
- 24 Hours of PASS 2010 – 19th May, Global.
- SQLCruise – 2nd August – This will be awesome!
- Keeping up with PASS – Useful links for keeping up with all the PASS community events, collated by BradMcGehee.
Misc Technology News
That’s it for this week. If I’ve missed anything that you think deserves a mention this week then be sure to let me know! Send me an email or message me on Twitter(@JohnSansom).