I hope you’ve had a great week.
Here’s this weeks roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- ‘Cannot Generate SSPI Context’ and Service Account Passwords – An interesting case walk-through here from the CSS SQL Server Engineers, albeit quite specialised.
- Should PASS hold the conference on the East coast – Is it time to relocate the PASS summit?
- Introduction To Resource Governor – Here’s an excerpt from Brad McGehee’s ebook on this excellent feature, new to SQL Server 2008.
- PASS Summit Venue – Banter from SQLRockstar.
- How to Read the Results of SELECT @@VERSION in SQL Server
- Plan and Prepare or Just Do It? How about Both! – What type of Data Professional are you? Are you a Planner or do you prefer to Just Do It and get things done? Buck Woody discusses.
- Delimited String Tennis (Again) …..The Final Volley –
- Misconceptions around database snapshots and transaction rollbacks
- MERGE and OUTPUT – the swiss army knife of T-SQL – Some nice clear example of how to put these commands, new to SQL Server 2008, into good use. Courtesy of Jamie Thomson.
Misc Techie Stuff
- Social Sunday: LinkedIn Update – Here’s Andy Leonard’s thoughts on his Social Networking experiences.
- Social Networking or Professional Networking? – A rather negative and perhaps narrow minded view, on the use of Social Networking for Professional Networking.
- My Favourite WordPress Plugins Lately – Some great Plugin ideas here for your Blog, from Brent Ozar.