I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss out on posts by Subscribing to the Blog Feed. You can also receive this Blog feed via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- SQL Server Instance Checklist – Following on from his posts last week, Brad McGehee shares his SQL Server Instance Checklist this week.
- Coomunity Communication – A non-technical post here from Thom LaRock providing a philosophical look at what is it that makes the SQL Server Community so dam awesome, whilst other I.T disciplines struggle.
- Brent Ozar to team up with SQLSkills.com – The Blogging and SQL Community legend that is Brent Ozar is to team up with Paul Randal and Kimberly Tripp of SQLSkills.com.
- Brent Ozar joining SQLskills.com – Here is what Paul Randal had to say on Brent joining the team.
- Does a missing data file send a database suspect? – Think you know the answer? Gail Shaw reveals all.
- Merge Replication Capacity Planning – Excellent list of resources here. If you work with SQL Server Replication and have not subscribed to this Blog you are missing out on a fantastic resource.
- The Windows Page File and SQL Server – Buck Woody sets the record straight.
- How SQL Server 2005/2008 Replication resumes interrupted snapshot delivery – Now this is cool. I was not even aware it was a feature!
- Revisiting ISNULL, COALESCE, and the Perils of Micro-Optimization – Which do you prefer? Do you even care? Adam Machanic has better things to do with his time.
- Using Indexed Views to Replace Triggers – An interesting look at a practical implementation of Indexed Views from Jeremiah Peschka.
- Conor vs. Join Algorithms – An interesting look at some of the database engine mechanics behind specific join algorithms.
- Validating sql query programmatically – What appears to be a nice bug find here, identified by AdaTheDev.
SQL Server Upcoming Events
- SQLCruise – 2nd August – This will be awesome!
- SQL Usergroup in Kent – 18th August – This is a new SQL Server Usergroup.
- SQLBits 7 – 30th September – 2nd October – The Seven Wonders of SQL.
- Keeping up with PASS – Useful links for keeping up with all the PASS community events, collated by BradMcGehee.
Misc Technology News
- VoltDB Decapitates Six SQL Urban Myths and Delivers Internet Scale OLTP in the Process – Is this the end for RDBMS’s as we know it?
- Google enters travel market with flight data purchase – Is there no stopping Google’s world domination?
That’s it for this week. If I’ve missed anything that you think deserves a mention this week then be sure to let me know! Leave a comment below, send me an email or message me on Twitter(@JohnSansom).