I hope you’ve had a great week.
Here’s this weeks, smaller than usual due to the Holidays, roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- sp_db_space_usage – A very nice stored procedure from Tibor Karaszi for reporting database size details.
- Getting the ISO Week and Year – Handy little function here with some reporting panache.
- A Small Collection of I/O Specific DMV Queries – Another fantastic contribution from Glenn Berry. I’m a big fan of DMV’s and will certainly be putting these queries to good use.
- Fun With DBCC FREEPROCCACHE – Are DBA’s perhaps overly cautious about using this DBCC statement?
- How To Get a Count of SQL Connections BY IP Address – A nice little DMV query here, courtesy of Glenn Berry.
- Got a slow holiday seaons? Why not spend it learning? – Some ideas and tips on how to make the most of your free time this holiday season from Kevin Kline.
That’s it for this week. If I’ve missed anything that you think is worth mentioning then be sure to let me know. Fire me an email or a tweet on Twitter. Happy New Year!
Get your SQL SQL Server Questions Answered!
Got a question about SQL Server or being a DBA? Send me your queries and I will do my best to answer them for you!