It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- How to Find ‘Secret Columns’ in Nonclustered Indexes – Your Nonclustered Indexes are hiding something from you. Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter) reveals all.
- SQL Server 2012 Extended Events Add-in to Manage 2008/R2 Instances – Now you can access the power of Extended Events that little bit easier, thanks to Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server 2012 partitioned table statistics update behavior change when rebuilding index – Be mindful of this behavioral change highlighted by the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- Updated Availability Group Demonstrator – Sharing the latest version of his excellent testing tool for Availability Groups, it’s Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter).
- How to Move a Database That Has Database Snapshots – An alternative approach to solving this problem, courtesy of David Browne (Blog).
- Blocking Is Not Bad – A reminder from Denny Cherry (Blog|Twitter) that all the bad press blocking receives just might be misplaced. It happens for a reason after-all.
- Windows Azure SQL Database Strategies – A straight talking look at WASD. What you need to ensure you’ve covered off and understood to ensure a successful experience, courtesy of Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter).
- Temp table caching improvement for table valued parameters in SQL Server 2012 – Teachings from the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- Indexes Supporting Foreign Keys – You always want to put Indexes on Foreign Key columns right? David Browne (Blog) discusses.
Misc. Technology Posts
- The Rule of Three – CodingHorror
- Amazon scraps free delivery on some purchases under £10 – BBC News Technology
- Google launches Chromecast low-cost TV dongle – BBC News Technolog
Have you enjoyed a blog post this week that deserves a mention? Share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content please show your support by sharing it. Click a share option at the top of the on site post.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!