I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s this weeks roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- SQL Server DBA Telecommuting Tips – Some good tips here for those Database Professionals that work remotely.
- FILESTREAM storage, garbage collection, and more – Continuing with his excellent blog post series, Paul Randal dismisses yet more myths this week.
- index-defrag-script-v4 – Here at last, it’s version 4 of the worlds best SQL Server Index Defrag Script, well at least I think so! This update has been a long time coming, as SQLFool herself points out but at least she has a good excuse for being busy! I was drafted to help out with the testing of this version of the procedure but failed to deliver with no excuse other than I’m just rubbish. Congratulations by the way Michelle!
- An Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Change Data Capture – Learn the basics of this SQL Server feature courtesy of Brad McGeHee.
- Europe PASS, a volcano, Live Meeting, and SQL 2008 R2 BPA…. – Check out the new Best Practice Analyzer for SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Sometimes the grass is greener… – Yeah right.
- When are Statistics Updated – What triggers Statistics to Update – This week, Pinal Dave has been taking a closer look at statistics.
- The SQLBits VI Experience – I had the pleasure of meeting with Adrian(@AdaTheDev) at this awesome event. Here’s his thoughts on the day.
- SQLBits VI – Here’s fatherjack’s take on the days events.
SQL Server Upcoming Events
- 24 Hours of PASS 2010 – 19th May, Global.
- Keeping up with PASS – Useful links for keeping up with all the PASS community events, collated by BradMcGehee.
If there is an upcoming SQL Server event that I’ve not included?