It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also Get posts delivered direct to your Inbox free via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- Top 3 Performance Killers For Linked Server Queries – Some great advice from Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter). No.1 was news to me and I’ll be double checking for this issue/oversight in my environments.
- 1TB Databases for Developers [Video] – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter) shares his favourite lessons for developers who work with either OLTP or data warehouses.
- Five Ways to Improve Your Productivity with SSMS – Always on the look out for productivity tips, here’s some time saving suggestions for a tool many of us use daily courtesy of Matan Yungman (Blog|Twitter).
- Giving Credit Where Credit Is Due – Thoughts on community from Chris Yates(Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server–Storage Spaces/VHDx and 4K Sector Size – The CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog) continuing their series on SQL Server Storage Spaces/VHD considerations.
- INSERT SELECT is Broken. Ask Microsoft to Fix It. – Adam Machanic (Blog|Twitter) asks for your support.
- Developers and Reporting Services – You know you’re in for a good day at the office when a Developer shares this piece of art with you.
- Monitoring SSD Performance – Getting all SMART with Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server: joining NULL values – An interesting look at how to implement the ANSI condition IS NOT DISTINCT FROM in SQL Server from a mysterious chap by the name of Quassnoi.
- Cannot Replicate “Stored Procedure Execution” when CDC is Enabled – Microsoft SQL Server Replication Support Team(Blog) share details of a limitation By Design that CDC users should take note of.
- The Basics of SQL Server Execution Plans (video) – In this video Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter) shares the concepts of reading SQL Server Execution Plans for beginners.
- SqlDev PowerShell 101: Getting Started with PowerShell – Taking those first few steps with PowerShell can seem daunting but as with most things, it’s easy once you know how. Here’s Michelle Ufford(Blog|Twitter) with a helping hand to get you off to a good start.
Misc. Technology Posts
- 6 Tech Trends of the Far Future – Inc.com
- Why I’m Tolerating the Surface Pro – Brent Ozar
- Google reveals Play Music All Access subscription service – BBC News Technology
- BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook – TheRegister
- Google Glass – cool or creepy? – BBC News Technology
Have you enjoyed a blog post this week that deserves a mention? Share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content please show your support by sharing it. Click a share option at the top of the on site post.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!