It’s Something For The Weekend(SFTW) time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
There was no post last week but do you think that means you miss out on great SQL Server content? Of course not! This weeks installment of SFTW is a double round-up of quality content for you to enjoy. Also, be sure to keep an eye out on the blog next week for a rather unique and exclusive content offering for you lot. It’s called DBA JumpStart and I think you’re going to like it. Well at least I hope so.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- Fab Five – The SQL – Chris Yates(Blog|Twitter)
- How Simple Parameterization works – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Lines In The Sand – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Resources Improved When You Weren’t Looking – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Interviews: Doing Your Homework – Bob Pusateri (Blog|Twitter)
- What is Hashing; using Modulus to partition data – Tony Rogerson (Blog|Twitter)
- Why Parameter Sniffing Can Slow Down Queries (video) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Hashing for Indexes – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- What to Do If Your Database Catches Fire – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Doing It Right: Performance Monitoring And Troubleshooting – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- What’s Coming in SQL Server 2014 [Video] – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- Did You Know that not everything you know is actually true! – Kalen Delaney (Blog|Twitter)
- Overly Complex Views, Procedures And Functions – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Filtered Indexes vs. Table Partitioning – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- Kerberos Configuration Manager for SSRS – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
SQL Community Forum
Being discussed right now in the SQLBrit Community Forum by DBAs.
- What to get a DBA/Data Professional for Christmas?
- SSRS and PowerShell
- Documentation and Collaboration
Misc. Technology Posts from Around the Web
- Amazon testing drones for deliveries – BBC News Technology
- Lessons Learned from Six Years of Agile Database Development – Simple-Talk.com
- My Favorite Consulting Start-up Resources – Brent Ozar
- Launch – Worlds Biggest Ship – BBC News Technology
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE – TheRegister
Have you read a great post or article that others might enjoy? We’d all love to know about it so please feel free to share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content the best way to show your support is by sharing it.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!