It’s Something For The Weekend(SFTW) time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- Taking the MCM – Diary of a Panicker – Steven Archbold (Blog|Twitter)
- Corruption Monday #2 – I’m not going to lie, it’s not good – Sean Gallardy(Blog|Twitter)
- DBA, Grow Thyself – Moving and Shaking in the Era of Data Dominance – Steve Karam(Blog|Twitter)
- Who Needs an Operating System? – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Creating SQL Server Agent Alerts for Critical Errors – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- You’ve got access, but I’m not sure why – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Building a Report to View Memory Usage – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- How To: Alter Table In Windows Azure Sql Database Without Filling Up Your Transaction Log – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- What Developers Need to Know About SQL Server – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
Misc. Technology Posts from Around the Web
- Millions of Lines of Code – Information Is Beautiful
- What I Have Learned About Job Searching – Brent Ozar
- Ticket issued to driver wearing Google Glass – BBC News technology
- PS4: five new things we’ve learned – The Guardian
SQL Community Forum
Being discussed right now in the SQLBrit Community Forum by DBAs.
- What’s Your SQL Server Job Search Strategy
- About SQL tuning
- Deployment Strategies
- What is the Best Practice for SQL Server Documentation
Have you read a great post or article that others might enjoy? We’d all love to know about it so please feel free to share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content the best way to show your support is by sharing it.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!