I hope you’ve had a great week.
Make sure you get to enjoy my round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter every week by Subscribing to the Blog Feed. You can also receive posts via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Modifying Tables Online – Part 3: Example With Error Handling – Here’s Part 3 of this excellent series from Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter).
- Less Is More, Even With Databases – Talking data philosophy it’s Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups in AWS – Cloud considerations and what they mean for SQL2012 from Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter).
- Understanding LOB data (2008/2008R2 & 2012) – Interesting LOB data internals from Kimberly Tripp (Blog|Twitter), who’s been blogging MIA for a while. Be sure to click through to the original posts that sparked the discussions to get the full picture.
- SQL Server Builds (April 2012) – A handy script for identifying your upgrade path based on your current SQL version, courtesy of Neil Hambly(Blog|Twitter).
- Backup Database Object – A dose of PowerSell magic from Chad Miller (Blog|Twitter).
- 6 Little Known Things That Can Cause Big Performance Issues – All good advice here that each and EVERY DBA should take note of from Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter).
- Video – How to Test Availability Groups in SQL Server 2012 – Another video walk-through from the PLF crew this week, with your host Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter).
- Connection to readable secondary fails when login SIDs are different – Troubleshooting insights for the DBA looking to SQL 2012 administration, courtesy of Microsoft SQLCAT (Blog).
- Distribution Agent is blocking users on Subscriber – Replication troubleshooting master class stuff here from the Microsoft SQL Server Replication Support Team(Blog).
- New White Paper: SQL Server Extended Events and Notifications – Kevin Kline(Blog|Twitter) shared this whitepaper written by Jason Strate (Blog|Twitter).
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- The importance of listening
- Will Apps Kill Websites?
- Mobile phones: ‘Still no evidence of harm to health’
- Baidu thrives as Google Drive is blocked in China
- O2 mobile wallet app launches text message payments
- Nintendo reports first annual loss as Wii sales suffer
Have you read a post this week that you think deserves a mention? Be sure to let me and other readers know by leaving a comment. You can also reach me on email and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoy this weekly post of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by
sending me money sharing it so that even more folks can enjoy our fantastic community. Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!