I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Bad Habits to Kick : Using AS instead of = for column aliases – Are you guilty of this bad habit? Maybe you don’t even consider it to be a bad habit? Here’s Aaron Bertrand (Blog|Twitter) with his thoughts.
- The 5 DBA Interview Questions You Have to Ask – Getting straight down to business, Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter) tells you what you need to be asking to hire your next DBA.
- Statistics and Recompilations – A really good piece of writing and a not so well known gem of knowledge here from Erin Stellato (Blog|Twitter).
- Monitoring – Where to start? – Taking it to the next level, Service Level that is, it’s Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter) showing how you can lay the ground work for professional quality monitoring for your customers.
- How It Works: sys.dm_tran_session_transactions – DMV internals insight from the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- DBAs and the Career-Life Balance – Striking the balance but how, asks Brad McGehee (Blog|Twitter).
- How It Works: sys.dm_io_pending_io_requests – More DMV internals insights from the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Understanding Database Choice – Adorning the consultant hat this week it’s Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter), explaining why it is so important to consider the bigger picture in order to understand what’s really being asked.
- Rebuild Your Indexes Online (When You Can) – Introduction? None required reader! More high calibre content from Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter).
- Ten reasons to attend SQLBits X – That is apart from the opportunity to meet yours truly of course ;-) Here’s
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Twitter to selectively ‘censor’ tweets by country
- Galaxy drives up profits for Samsung
- Miracle material graphene can distil booze, says study
Have a great weekend!