It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Identifying High Compile Time Statements from the Plan Cache – Sharing his love (of the query plan cache) it’s Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter).
- Video: Open Question and Answer Webcast – A whole variety of viewer questions answered by the PLF team this week via Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Audit 102 – Reading audit output – Excellently timed post from Colleen Morrow(Blog|Twitter), as I’m currently rolling out SQL Audit in some of our environments.
- T-SQL Tuesday #32 – A Day in the Life – Sharing his contribution to this months theme it’s Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter). I thought he just drew all day ;-)
- MidnightDBA tutorials and webshow now on iTunes! – Awesome news! The ability to watch SQL content on the go is a great way to make valuable use of your commuting time, courtesy of Jen McCown (Blog|Twitter).
- Where Did My Availability Group (AG) Go? – More real life tales from the trenches, sharing their customer experiences it’s the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- How I Work– Working From Home – An interesting insight into the world of remote working from Buck Woody (Blog|Twitter). Great advice.
- Puzzling TVFunctions – A puzzling issue from Jen McCown (Blog|Twitter), perhaps you can help?
- Execution Statuses [SSIS] – Short and sweet from Jamie Thomson(Blog|Twitter) but no doubt it will save you significant time and frustration.
- Stop Using SQL Logins – You’ve got my vote on this one sir! Denny Cherry (Blog|Twitter) making his case.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Use the SQL Server Event Calendar to keep informed of all upcoming SQL Server events, User Groups, and training opportunities here in the UK. You can also add this calendar alongside you existing Google calendar.
Misc Technology Posts
- Microsoft makes its first ever loss
- Rural Chinese get online as mobile overtakes desktop
- Huge spam botnet Grum is taken out by security researchers
- Boffins demo passwords even users don’t know
What was your favourite post? Read a blog this week that you think deserves a mention? Share your thoughts in the comments and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing it. Please click a share option at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!