I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Merge Replication – Parameterized Filters – There’s a noticeable shortage of SQL Server Replication related blog content out there for the discerning DBA and Ted Krueger (Blog|Twitter) is helping to change that!
- Help Your SQL Family Give Even More – Encouraging you to get involved and make a difference, it’s Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter) with thoughts on #SQLFamily.
- Jeff Moden: DBA of the Day – OK so this is not strictly a blog post but it is an awesome piece of content that’s for sure. Those that have been involved in the sql community for some time will know that Jeff Moden has been around for just as long ;-) . He’s a legend over on SQL Server Central and this makes for some very good reading on what being an Exceptional DBA is all about.
- T-SQL Tips ‘n’ Tricks – This months T-SQL Tuesday theme was all about doing cool stuff with you guessed it, T-SQL. Aaron Bertrand (Blog|Twitter) then with his tips.
- Great SQL Server Debates: Lock Pages in Memory – The debate continues as Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter) explains. If you’re involved with configuring SQL instances you really should read this.
- A T-SQL Tip: Working calculations – Continuing the theme, Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter) shares his Tips n’ Tricks.
- Coping with Change Control Video – Ah the source of many a great argument between DEV and DBA, Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter) from the PLF team shares this video with us.
- Does the Role of the DBA Need to Evolve?– There’s a lot of discussion about this subject in the community right now (in fact @ChrisAdkin8 and I were talking about this earlier in the week) which is great! It means we’re thinking about and planning for the future. Brad McGehee (Blog|Twitter) here then with his thoughts. I’ll probably be throwing my hat in the ring and taking on this subject in a future post. What do you think?
- Helping to make Hadoop easier by going Metro! – Get your hands on the CTP for Azure with Hadoop courtesy of Microsoft SQLCAT (Blog).
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Gifts for Geeks, 2011 Edition
- Visa probes reported security breach of card processor
- Driverless car: Google awarded US patent for technology
- Microsoft copies Google with silent browser updates
Have a great weekend!
Do you enjoy reading this weekly round-up of SQL Server goodness? The best way to show your support is by clicking the Facebook Like and Google Plus 1 buttons at the top of the on site post.
It spreads the word helping our SQL community grow and shows you care :-)