It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
It’s been a bit of a tough one in the SQL Brit camp this week (the flag is at half mast) and so less chat but same old awesome links!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Understanding data vs log usage for spills in tempdb – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- What Is Your ROE? – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server RDS – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Did You Know? Turning Off Locking – Kalen Delaney (Blog|Twitter)
- Which SELECT * Is Better? – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Survey: most prevalent latch waits (code to run) – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Implementing a Replication Agent Progress Bar – Brandon Williams (Blog|Twitter)
- SSIS Data Flow Tuning – Josef Richberg (Blog|Twitter)
- Creating a Windows Server 2012 Failover Cluster – Failover Clustering Team Blog (Blog)
- The Importance of Connect Item 636516 – Allan Hirt (Blog|Twitter)
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Microsoft’s Bing search engines to use Facebook tips
- Sony stock slides to 30-year low after record loss
- Google gets Nevada driving licence for self-drive car
“If you enjoyed this weeks post of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by
sending me money sharing it so that even more folks can enjoy our fantastic community. Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!