I hope you’ve had a great week.
Make sure you get to enjoy my round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter every week by Subscribing to the Blog Feed. You can also receive posts via Email.
I need your help! In more ways than you can imagine however specifically right now I need you to help me design and select a logo for the blog. That’s right, you get to leave a permanent stamp of your creative genius here on the blog for all to see. As if bragging rights were not enough, you can also win stuff. What sort of stuff? Well you’ll just have to wait and see :-)
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Fun with Aggregates – Some folks really do have all the fun. Another beautifully clear and insightful post from Paul White (Blog|Twitter).
- Knowing SQL Server and where it lives – Talking about his philosophy when it comes to SQL Server knowledge it’s Ted Krueger (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server 2012 Early Adoption Cook Book Content and Videos – Sharing what look to be some great resources for SQL2012 it’s Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter). If you watch any of the content or work through the samples I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts.
- Jack of all Trades, Master of One – Chomping on this weeks T-SQL Tuesday topic Rob Sullivan(Blog|Twitter) shares a different perspective with us.
- Selecting Hardware for Analysis Services (10GB-1TB-size) – Great advice here from a man that really knows his stuff, it’s Bob Duffy(Blog).
- 5 Critical Trends For The Data Professional Of The Future – I’ve talked about the continued changing landscape of the Data Professional before and this week Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter) shares his thoughts on what your future could look like.
- How are per-column modification counts tracked? – Getting down and dirty with some SQL Server internals, Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter).
- How Big is Your Pipe? Check Out the Bandwidth Reference Poster – Comparing sizes with Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server Database Mirroring Tips and Tricks, Part 1 – Excellent advice from Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter).
- Core Mechanics, Part Three – Continuing his excellent tutorial series, it’s Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Intro to Debugging a Memory Dump – This post from the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog) is awesome but will need a bit of a geek out session for you to get the most from.
- A Quick Introduction to Data Compression in SQL Server 2008 – Having returned from space, Brad McGehee (Blog|Twitter) is on blogging form once more with this excellent walkthrough for you to enjoy.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- New iPad: The only review roundup you’ll ever need
- Rubber Duck Problem Solving
- Samsung and LG hit with MASSIVE price fixing fine
- ‘£50 iPad’ advertised by Tesco will not be honoured
Have you read a post this week that you think deserves a mention? Be sure to let me and other readers know by leaving a comment. You can also reach me on email and find me on Twitter(@JohnSansom).
“If you enjoy this weekly post of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by
sending me money sharing it so that even more folks can enjoy our fantastic community. Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!