I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Hey App, quit wasting my time sorting your data – Every once in a while it’s good to have a bit of rant. Sprinkle it with a smidgen of humour, like Rob Sullivan(Blog|Twitter) and your definitely on to a winner. Preach on brother!
- Bad Habits to Kick : Thinking a WHILE loop isn’t a CURSOR – The man just keeps informing us of our wrong doing but for our own good of course. Here’s Aaron Bertrand (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL SERVER TABLE COLUMNS UNDER THE HOOD – I have a confession to make, I missed an awesome post for the roundup from some time ago. I know right! A fascinating look at some database engine internals from Remus Rusanu (Blog|Twitter).
- What IP are you listening on SQL – Sure there are a lot of ways you can do this but how would you get it done across a large number of instances? Using a little PowerShell magic of course. Here with the fairy dust it’s Amit Banerjee (Blog|Twitter).
- A Temporary Configuration – Continuing the crusade for automation and sharing a script for us to play this week it’s Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter).
- Execution Plans, What Do I Look At? – Given the man has written a number of publications on the subject this is information gold. Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter) sharing how he gets the job done.
- Removing Duplicate Dimension Rows in SSIS– Wandering into new territory but with confidence and flair, this week
- The SQLRAP Wrap Up – Sharing his experiences of using this Premier Support service it’s Mitchell Bottel (Blog|Twitter). I was not even aware that this service existed, interesting stuff!
- If you weren’t a DBA, what would you like to do? – A brilliant question from Brad McGehee (Blog|Twitter). I would naturally have been a worldclass sportsman, maybe darts? What would you like to do?
- Management Studio tricks you may or may not know about – This week I’m loving keyboard shortcuts, and there’s some great ones down in the Misc Technology posts section below. Back to SQL right now though, here’s the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog) with some SSMS tricks for you.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Facebook unveils $5bn stock market flotation plans
- The One Button Mystique
- The Web is the new Terminal: Are you using the Web’s Keyboard Shortcuts and Hotkeys?
Have a great weekend!