I hope you’ve had a great week!
Don’t miss out on your weekly fix of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter. Subscribe to the Blog Feed now to ensure you catch all posts. You can also receive posts via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Why people think some SQL Server 2000 behaviors live on… 12 years later – An interesting look at an often misunderstood behaviour this week from Aaron Bertrand (Blog|Twitter).
- Looking at External Disk Performance using USB 3.0 and eSATA with SSD – Building your own portable SQL lab, then you’ll most certainly want to read this. Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter) shares the results of his latest performance benchmarks and I think you will be surprised by the results.
- Why We Follow Best Practices – Well because it’s the best of course duh. Robert L. Davis(Blog|Twitter) discusses why Best Practices are just the beginning and shares how he likes to tailor guidance dependant on the audience.
- How to Get Money From Managers Video – It’s that time of year where you want to start booking training and Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter) shares some advice on how to get buy-in from management.
- SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 Diagnostic Queries for March 2012 – Make sure you’re using the latest version of these excellent scripts from Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter).
- What’s Stopping You – from Snooping? – Do you have a guilty concious? Of course not! As Data Professionals we all know that the value of our data assets and to respect them. Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter) discusses.
- TOP 3 THINGS YOU SHOULD LEARN IN SQL 2012 – Looking ahead to the release of SQL 2012 later this year, Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter) shares what you should be looking at now in order to get ahead.
- Achieving Good Performance is More Than Tuning Queries and Indexes – Achieving truly good performance requires a deeper understanding of the “black box” explains Allan Hirt (Blog|Twitter).
- Why Availability Groups Make It Cool Again to Be a Sysadmin – As is we were not all cool enough already Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter) explains how SQL2012 is going to unlock the inner sysadmin in us all once more.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Apple iPad 3 expected on 7 March following press event
- Powerful, wallet-sized Raspberry Pi computer sells out in SECONDS
Have you read a post this week that you think deserves a mention? Be sure to let me and other readers know by leaving a comment. You can also reach me on email and find me on Twitter(@JohnSansom).
Have a great weekend!