It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week.
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
It’s almost time to kick off the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee festivities here in Great Britain. This means the majority of folks will be extending a hat tip in the direction of Her Majesty and showing their appreciation by enjoying the extended Bank Holiday Weekend as they darn well see fit. That’s right, apart from the tourists most of us are just not that bothered about the celebrations but will of course gladly accept another day off from the grind. Thanks Ma’am!
Yes I know, I’m such a cynic. Maybe I’m just bitter that I will in fact be working on this bonus holiday, drawing the short straw to cover the shift on Bank Holiday Monday, a true DBA hero I know ;-) You can have yourself a right old Royal giggle by following the Tweets of @Queen_UK. Laughter is apparently the best medicine after all…
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- The Top 3 Things That Derail All Database Projects – Simply just thinking about these things is winding me up and I bet you’ve experienced some of them first-hand too. Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter) discusses.
- Perfmon – Your SQL Server’s Vital Stats Video – Sharing performance tuning wisdom and details of the counters that you’ll want to be looking at, it’s Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter).
- Never, Ever Use Clustered Indexes – What, really? Here’s Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter) with the details.
- Building a SQL Server Inventory – Part 1 – You can never have too much magic in your life!
- Power(shell)ing your CMS – This gent has been on top blogging form of late, churning out a variety of great content including both technical and philosophical discussions. Here this week with a little PowerShell magic, it’s Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter).
- Configuring Azure Storage Emulator SQL Server Instance – Journey to the Cloud with Adrian Hills (Blog|Twitter).
- MERGE Statement Generator – Making your life easier, just because he can it’s Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter).
- How to Configure Clustered Tasks with Windows Server 2012 – Looking to what’s ahead then for the DBA, here’s a good walk-through courtesy of those folks over on the Failover Clustering and Network Load Balancing Team Blog (Blog).
- Secrets of Foreign Key Index Binding – Dan Guzman (Blog|Twitter) shares some SQL Server internals this week. Good stuff.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- How to Stop Sucking and Be Awesome Instead – Great advice! Playing it safe is most definitely overrated.
- Massive cyber-attack discovered
- Steve Jobs speaks from beyond grave: ‘iPads are toys’
- I need to multitask, but Windows 8’s Metro won’t let me
Have you read a post this week that you think deserves a mention? Be sure to let me and other readers know by leaving a comment. You can also reach me on email and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing the post . Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!