Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Making SQL Backups better with #Powershell – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Reporting From Log Shipped Secondary STANDBY mode – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Geek City: Creating New Tools for Statistics – Kalen Delaney (Blog|Twitter)
- Medians pre-SQL 2012 – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- Designing Indexed Views for OLTP Workloads – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- EAV data model meets Clustered Columnstore – Tony Rogerson (Blog|Twitter)
- Are You Getting the Benefits of Virtualization? – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Am I Alive? SQL Connectivity Checks with #Powershell – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Using Templates With SQL Server Management Studio – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Optimizing Substring Search Performance in SQL Server – Dmitri Korotkevitch (Blog)
- Three reasons to use Extended Events – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- Random Unexplained Replication Job Failure – Denny Cherry (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Windowing Functions: ROWS vs. RANGE – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Conversations
These are some of hot topics being discussed right now in the Forum by ambitious Data Professionals just like you. Join the conversation.
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- 5 Essential Elements of an Email That Respects People’s Time
- The Basics of 3D Printing in 2015
- Out of control AI will not kill us, believes Microsoft Research chief
- Facebook says it caused fault that sent services offline
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.