Good reads from around the Web.
If you’re a Data Professional that happens to be in the vicinity of Great Britain then you had better well get yourself registered for SQLBits, the largest SQL Server event in Europe. Session voting is now open by the way. Choose wisely.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Why I hate the ring_buffer target in Extended Events – Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter)
- Add Nonclustered Indexes to Clustered Columnstore Indexes – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Illusion of Updateable Clustered ColumnStore Indexes – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Do Some Very Basic SQL Server Monitoring – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- The Parallax View of Your Career – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Application Role – Chris Shaw(Blog|Twitter)
- The Data Science Laboratory Series is Complete – Buck Woody (Blog|Twitter)
- When Is Alter Table Just a Meta Data Change – Russ Thomas(Blog|Twitter)
- Quick Tip: Migrating a SQL Server Mirroring Witness server – Matt Bowler (Blog)
- Don’t Fear the Execution Plan! [Video] – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Conversations
- Interviews as a hiring manager – What’s it like to sit on the other side of the interview table?
- Should I mention my Blog on my CV – Yes. Probably. You know it really depends.
- ColumnStore Indexes – They worked for this community member. They can work for you too!
- There’s Just Never Enough Time – Talking tips on time management and productivity.