Good reads from around the Web.
It’s the final day of February today meaning that 2 whole months of 2014 are already behind us. How about those New Year resolutions and goals then folks, still going strong?
I’m delighted to report that the gym is no longer as busy as it was a month ago and that the rest of us have the place to ourselves once again. Similarly I bet many of those with careers in the technology community have already run out of steam too. Don’t be one of them!
Committing to continued improvement in your career is not easy, if it were everyone would be doing it. It’s why free communities like the Forum are such a valuable resource, providing motivation, support and inspiration for Data Professionals looking to grow their careers.
Get your career development back on track and make 2014 count for you. There’s still time.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- 10 Interview Questions to Annoy SQL Professionals – Bob Duffy (Blog|Twitter)
- Back Up Transaction Logs Every Minute. Yes, Really. – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Indexes & Snapshots – John Morehouse (Blog|Twitter)
- What is the most worrying wait type? – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Extended Events for Tracking Code Improvements (video) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- When was the last time you used sqlcmd.exe? – Russ Thomas(Blog|Twitter)
- Approachable? Sometimes. – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Copying and Pasting File Paths – Bob Pusateri (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Use Partitioning to Make kCura Relativity Faster – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Issue with sys.dm_db_index_usage_stats in SQL Server 2012 – Matt Bowler (Blog)
- Rationalisation of Database with Powershell and T-SQL part one – Rob Sewell (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Conversations
What your SQL community peers are talking about this week. Join the conversation..
- Professional Development – A community chum is taking the plunge with SQL Certification.
- What’s Holding You Down – Discussing the biggest barriers to our career success, us.
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- App-pocalypse Now – CodingHorror
- When is it stealing? – Scott Hanselman
- Q&A: Schneier on trust, NSA spying and the end of US internet hegemony – TheRegister
- Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ – The Guardian
- ‘Contagious’ wi-fi virus created by Liverpool researchers – BBC News Technology
Those rather nice folks at SQL Server Live are offering SQL Brit readers (that’s you lot) an exclusive discount of $500 for their upcoming event in Las Vegas in March.
If you have an idea for the weekly links post, general feedback or just want a chat then please get in touch.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week!