Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Tip # 8 – Default TempDB Settings – Chris Shaw(Blog|Twitter)
- A first look at Redgate Reference Data Manager – Dave Ballantyne (Blog|Twitter)
- How to See the Secret Columns In Your Indexes – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Restoring a Database in Azure – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Talk People Out of the SA Account, Option 1 – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Join Effects With UPDATE – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- Cheat Sheet: How to Configure TempDB for Microsoft SQL Server – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Useful Whitepapers for Planning SQL Server Migrations – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Stop using Task Manager to check SQL’s memory usage! – Gail Shaw (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Find Missing Index Requests in Query Store – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Cursor Statistics Are Missing in dm_exec_query_stats – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Removing All SQL Server Query Store Data – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- 3 Things I Wish I’d Learned Earlier as a SQL Server DBA – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- How to React When Company Ownership Changes
- Zano: The rise and fall of Kickstarter’s mini-drone
- Is Hyperloop the future of high-speed travel?
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.