Good reads from around the Web.
With England’s World Cup dreams on the rocks, it’s good to know there is at least one team you can always rely on, the #SQLFamily. Sharing knowledge and insight for the benefit of others, each and every week.
It’s a well known fact among the SQL Server community veterans that one of the very best ways to invest in your own career and grow as a Data Professional is by helping others. It’s one of the reasons that I created the SQL Community Forum, a completely free platform for people to share professional experience and expertise with one another in the community. With close to 400 members and 2000 posts focusing on the non-technical stuff to being a Data Professional, we’d love to have you join in the conversation. Who knows, you might just learn something….
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Changing In-Memory Table definition without down time – Tony Rogerson (Blog|Twitter)
- The Curse of Relational Databases – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Estimating Memory Requirements In Sql Server 2014 – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Thinking Critically About FusionIO’s SQL 2014 Tests – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Setup Checklist: Free eBook Download – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- In-Memory Analytics: Diff Between SQL and Oracle – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Natively Compiled Procedures and Bad Execution Plans – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Hekaton – Durability for Memory Optimised Tables – Tony Rogerson (Blog|Twitter)
- Sizing SQL Server for AWS – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)