Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- “Breaking” News: Don’t Install SQL Server 2014 SP1 – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- REPLICATION preventing log reuse but no replication configured – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Effectively Using Invoke-SqlCmd – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Re-Inventing the Recursive CTE – Adam Machanic (Blog|Twitter)
- Look at Blocking By Index – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- SHOWPLAN permission denied even if the database isn’t actually used – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- sp_whoisactive and Azure SQL Database – Adam Machanic (Blog|Twitter)
- Stored Proc Execution with Parameters, Variables, & Literals – Kimberly Tripp (Blog|Twitter)
- Finding Scalar Aggregate Indexed Views in Your Database – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- When is a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Not Really a Virtual Machine? – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- EU accuses Google Shopping of search ‘abuse’
- US nuclear fears block Intel China supercomputer update
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!