Good reads from around the Web.
SFTW is back! Did you miss me? Thought so. You probably did not even notice I’d been gone right but it is great to be back all the same. Even SqlBrit needs a vacation every once in a while and one of the best ways to improve your productivity is by doing nothing, seriously.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Links, Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Shrinking tempdb no longer prohibited – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- A ever-increasing Clustered Key value doesn’t scale! – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- Size Matters: Table Rows And Database Data Pages – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Doug Broke It: Minimal Logging [Video] – Doug Lane(Blog|Twitter)
- Add an Instance to SQL Server Azure Virtual Machine – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- New High Availability Planning Worksheet – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- IO_COMPLETION and WRITE_COMPLETION wait types – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- The Hekaton Saga Continues – Kalen Delaney (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Configure Anti-Virus for SQL Servers – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Columnstore Indexes: Exploring Delta Store and Delete Bitmap – Dmitri Korotkevitch (Blog)
- Behavior of a 1 Trillion Row Index Build – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Trumpet Sounds; Call To Post – Chris Yates(Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Three Things – Coding Horror
- FREE Pluralsight video: “Get Involved” in community! – Scott Hanselman
- I’m Going To Help You Become A Better Writer – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)