Good reads from around the Web.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Consulting Skills Learned in the Ambulance – Mike Walsh (Blog|Twitter)
- How To: Know What That Installer Did To Your Database – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- How to ask questions politely and correctly – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Having performance issues with table variables? – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- SQL Spatial: Getting “nearest” calculations working properly – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- Generating Identities – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Acts of Violence Against Your SQL Server – Kevin Kline(Blog|Twitter)
- Public Data Sources – finding them and using them – Buck Woody (Blog|Twitter)
- dm_exec_query_plan returning NULL query plan – Adrian Hills (Blog|Twitter)
- The Big Idea is: Nobody likes team building – Jen McCown (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Exploring Impostor Syndrome in Technology
- Google helps build ‘Faster’ cable under Pacific Ocean
- Nepotism In The SQL Family
- What if You Want to Be Internet Famous
If you have an idea for the weekly links post, general feedback or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week!