Good reads from around the Web.
We’re back! Following a brief hiatus due to the PASS Summit it is back to business as usual for SQL Server professionals this week. If you’re suffering from a bit of come down after all that positive energy from your Summit experience, you can get yourself a SQL community buzz by conversing with your fellow passionate Data Pros in the SQL Community Forum.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Recompilations, Part 1 – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- Capturing IO latencies for a period of time – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- vNext Failover Clustering Technical Preview – FCNLB Team Blog (Blog)
- Building High Performance Stored Procedures – Kimberly Tripp (Blog|Twitter)
- Scaling SQL Server 2014 Parallel Inserts – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- Using sp_BlitzCache™ Advanced Features – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Desired State Configuration – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Restore a Page in SQL Standard and Enterprise – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Diagnostic Information Queries for Nov 2014 – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Survey: how much memory on your largest machine? – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Configure Quorum in SQL Server (video) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Forum
These are some of hot topics being discussed right now in the Forum by ambitious Data Professionals just like you. Join the conversation.
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Finally, Science Explains Why No One Can Lift Thor’s Hammer – Wired
- What If We Could Weaponize Empathy? – Coding Horror
- Microsoft fixes ’19-year-old’ bug with emergency patch – BBC News Technology
If you have an idea for the weekly links post, general feedback or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week!