Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Building Availability Groups with #Powershell – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- No, the DBA Role still isn’t Going Away – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Common Table Expressions – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- When Parameter Sniffing Caused Deadlocks – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Monitoring Timeouts – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Performance considerations with Columnstore indexes – Microsoft SQLCAT (Blog)
- How to Tell if You Have a Development Environment – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- How It Works: MAX DOP Level and Parallel Index Builds – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- More Than 8 CPUs per NUMA Node May Need Trace Flag 8048 – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Ten Ways to Tell if Your SQL Server is a Clown Car – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Why I don’t (yet) recommend In-Memory OLTP to my customers – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links posts? Subscribe to get them every week and you’ll also receive a Free copy of my ebook DBA JumpStart.