Good reads from around the Web.
Following an excellent recommendation from Brent Ozar I’ve stuck my hand in my pocket and migrated the blog to a new hosting provider.
WPEngine are a dedicated WordPress host and I have to say that so far I’m impressed, what with overall site speed and performance having noticeably improved. At 99$ a month it’s not cheap but ensuring all visitors are provided with a valuable, enjoyable and quality experience is very important to me. The Forum is now also on a dedicated server with WestHost.
You can learn more about the technology stack I use on the Blog Tools and Technology page.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Worst Day of a DBAs Life – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- End of Mainstream support for SQL Server 2008 and R2 – SQL Release Services Blog
- SQL Server 2005 survey from the SQL Server Team – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Oracle Terminology for the SQL Server DBA – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- SSIS Lookup transformation in T-SQL – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Quickie #15 – Merge Join Operator – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- Which One’s Better? – Tracy McKibben(Blog|Twitter)
- An Introduction To SSIS ETL Frameworks Part 1 – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- Planning Failover Cluster Node Sizing – FCNLB Team Blog (Blog)
- Slow query using non-deterministic user defined function – CSS Engineers (Blog)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Google Makes Us Dumb. You Won’t Believe What Happens Next
- Brazil defeat breaks Twitter records
- The 3 Step Guide to Loving Your Job — Any Job
- Say goodbye to the noughties: Yesterday’s hi-fi biz is BUSTED, bro
If you have an idea for the weekly links post, general feedback or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week!