Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- The Top 5 Mistakes DBAs Regret Later – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Helping Your #Powershell With Twitter – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Targeted Plan Cache Removal – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Is leading an index with a BIT column always bad? – Erik Darling (Blog|Twitter)
- Live Query Statistics in SQL 2014, not just SQL 2016 – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- Pessimistic Concurrency in SQL Server – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- Why is This Partitioned Query Slower? – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- New Benchmark Feature in CPU-Z 1.73 – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Can DBCC PAGE access data in dropped tables? – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)
- Avoid Frequent use of TVPs With Wide Rows – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Concurrency and Lock Granularity for OLTP Workloads – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- In-Memory OLTP files – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- DevOps vs continuous delivery
- Welcome to The Internet of Compromised Things
- Our Brave New World of 4K Displays
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.