Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week isA to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Using Azure VM SQL Automated Backup (and Restore) – Rob Sewell (Blog|Twitter)
- “I’d be a bad consultant if I didn’t put that in writing.” – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Cluster Shared Volume – Finding Bottlenecks – FCNLB Team Blog (Blog)
- Downloading SFTP Files With SSIS – Tim Mitchell (Blog|Twitter)
- How to get up and running with Oracle and Linked Servers – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Getting the last good DBCC CHECKDB date – Erik Darling (Blog|Twitter)
- Processor Selection for SQL Server – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Differences Between Actual & Estimated Plans – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Types of Performance Metrics – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- “Dear $firstname”: Tell Us Your Recruiter Stories – Doug Lane(Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- I Tried VR and It Was Just OK
- Addicted To Busy
- Getting Started with Windows 10
- Britons ‘love smartphones and selfies’
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links posts? Subscribe to get them every week and you’ll also receive a Free copy of my ebook DBA JumpStart.