Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Low priority locking wait types – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- A Mess of Nested Transactions – Gail Shaw (Blog|Twitter)
- DROP IF EXISTS – new thing in SQL Server 2016 – SQL Server DB Engine (Blog)
- Anti Scale Patterns and The Repartition Streams Iterator In Row Mode – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- Interviewing: How to Test TSQL Writing Skills – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- OPENJSON – one of best ways to select rows by list of ids – SQL Server DB Engine (Blog)
- How to prevent SELECT * statements – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- On index key size, index depth, and performance – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Of clustered indexes and ordering – Gail Shaw (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Why It’s Crucial to Let Your Employees Work Remotely
- Amazon opens physical bookshop in Seattle
- Microsoft’s OneDrive price hike has wrecked its cloud strategy
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.