Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- The Right Tool For the Job: XPERF Flags and Diagnosing IO Issues – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Set Up AlwaysOn Availability Groups in SQL Server 2016 – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- The Cult of Automation – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Features SQL Server Needs to Add (And Drop) – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Parallelism and Columnstore Indexes – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- 42 Things You Should Never, Ever Say to a DBA – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Finding a transaction in the log for a particular user – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Contest: Write the Scariest DBA Sentence (10 words or less) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- It’s Hard To Destroy Data – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Configuring a Multi-Subnet SQL Server Test Environment – Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter)
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Troubleshoot SQL Server Connection Timeouts – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Behaviour change for delete … output … into in SQL Server 2014 – Matt Bowler (Blog)
SQL Community Conversations
These are some of hot topics being discussed right now in the Forum by ambitious Data Professionals just like you. Join the conversation.
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Five Things I learned From Five Years of Blitzing
- Interesting Upcoming Intel Processors
- Apple boss Tim Cook hits out at Facebook and Google
- 4 Weird Time-Saving Habits of Highly Successful People
If you have an article/blog post suggestion for inclusion, a question about SQL Server or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links posts? Subscribe to get them every week and you’ll also receive a Free copy of my ebook DBA JumpStart.