It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also Get posts delivered direct to your Inbox free via Email.
Less chat more links this week. Some of you may even prefer it…….but don’t get used to it.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- DBCC CHECKDB scalability and performance benchmarking on SSDs – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Catching SQL Server System Object Changes – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- How Not To Hire Someone – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- How to Find Out About the Latest SQL Server Service Packs and Cumulative Updates – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Finding Key Lookups inside the Plan Cache – Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter)
- DBAs vs Devs: ORMs, Caching & Access to Prod – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- How To Survive Any Database Disaster -Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Mitch’s Quick Tips – #2 SQL 2012 IntelliSense Code Snippets – Mitchell Bottel (Blog|Twitter)
- Anti-Virus filter drive interference with File Stream Restore – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- How to go the Summit – Chris Shaw(Blog)
- Altering Text Columns: Only a Metadata Change? – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Forum
These are some of things being talked about right now by Data Professionals just like you in the Community Forum
- Is this really feasible for one person to handle? – Sounds like quite a tough gig for any DBA and I’m not sure that I would be up for it. What about you?
- Encouragement for the DBA – Inspirational words of wisdom.
- Yippie. I finally passed 70-432 now onto 70-450 – The very real Power of the SQL community and it’s members in action. A brilliant result. Read the story here.
Misc. Technology Posts
- Facebook releases ‘home’ software for Android phones – BBC News Technology
- Review: Intel Next Unit of Computing barebones desktop PC – TheRegister
- European data watchdogs target Google over privacy – BBC News Technology
Have you read a blog post this week that you really enjoyed and deserves a mention? Let me know in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content please show your support by sharing it. Click a share option at the top of the on site post.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!