It’s Something For The Weekend(SFTW) time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- My Favorite Things About Being a DBA – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Did You Really Just Spend Thousands on New Hardware? – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Show Windows Updates Locally With PowerShell – Rob Sewell (Blog|Twitter)
- Concurrency Control in the In-Memory OLTP Engine – SQL Server Blog (Blog)
- Top 10 Best Practices for Building a Large Scale Relational Data Warehouse – Microsoft SQLCAT (Blog)
- How It Works: Maximizing Max Degree Of Parallelism (MAXDOP) – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Can’t Go to the PASS Summit? – Chris Shaw(Blog)
- Distrubution agent fails with “Could not find stored procedure XXXXX_msrepl_ccs” – Microsoft SQL Server Replication Support Team(Blog)
- Success Is Journey Not A…… – Chris Yates(Blog|Twitter)
- Error during installation of an SQL server Failover Cluster Instance – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
Misc. Technology Posts
- How To Attend a Conference – Brent Ozar
- The Myth of the Rockstar Programmer – Scott Hanselman
- Bitcoin falls after Silk Road seizure – BBC News Technology
- Grand Theft Auto Online launch hit by server woes – BBC News Technology
Have you read a great post or article that others might enjoy? We’d all love to know about it so please feel free to share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content the best way to show your support is by sharing it.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!