Good reads from around the Web.
Big news on the block this week is that SQL Server 2014 went RTM on Tuesday. You can download an evaluation copy here. Have fun!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- The Problem with SQL Azure – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Microsoft Cloud Rebranded as Microsoft Pale Blue – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Are Table Variables as Good as Temp Tables in SQL 2014? – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- T4 Support in SSDT – Dave Ballantyne (Blog|Twitter)
- Don’t Rely On a Static IP Address for SQL Databases – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- SQL Server 2014 New Defaults – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Say No to DB Data Roles – Brian Kelley via Pinal Dave (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server 2014’s new cardinality estimator (Part 1) – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- What happens to in-flight data compression in an emergency? – Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server 2014 Licensing Changes – Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Checking Hundreds of SQL Jobs in 60 Seconds with Powershell – Rob Sewell (Blog|Twitter)
SQL Community Conversations
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Scott Hanselman’s Complete List of Productivity Tips – Scott Hanselman
- Analysis Paralysis: Over-thinking and Knowing Too Much to Just CODE – Scott Hanselman
- How To Achieve Work-Life Balance In 5 Steps – Eric Barker
- Microsoft scam man is sentenced in ‘landmark’ case – BBC News Technology