Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
I was saddened to learn the news this week that SQLFool is retiring from SQL Blogging. Michelle has been an awesome community contributor and her Index Maintenance Script has always been one of my personal favourites Free SQL Server Tools. Best of luck on your new technology adventures Michelle and thanks for everything!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- How to Create Indexed Views Online – Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- The End of an Era – SQLFool scripts are now open-sourced – Michelle Ufford(Blog|Twier)
- How Do You Manage DBAs? Part 1: Measuring Backups – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- #Powershell and SQL Server: SQLPS Challenges and Hurdles – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Replication Won’t Refresh Your Dev Environments – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Diagnostic Information Queries for June 2015 – Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- New SQL Server Management Studio 2015 with Check for Updates! – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- 101 Things I Wish I Knew About SQL Server – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Monitoring log activity with Extended Events – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Why Zero Data Loss in SQL Server is Harder Than You Think – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Identifying SQL 2014 Cardinality Estimator issues – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Should You Put Things in the master Database? – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Disaster recovery 101: fixing a broken boot page – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- DBAs and the Internet of Things – Rob Farley (Blog|Twitter)