Good reads from around the Web.
It’s that time of year again where many of you are enjoying a Summer holiday. Great! You’ve earned it. For the rest of us still at our desks then:
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- The Top 3 Trickiest Features in SQL Server (Twitter Poll) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Why do we need UPDATE Locks in SQL Server? – Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Batch Mode: Understanding CPU Architectures – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- RestoreAutomation #Powershell Module – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- 9003 Exception when CDC is configured – MSFT Replication Support Team(Blog)
- Career Planning for DBAs: Your Next Two Years – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Merge Replication for SQL Server Auditing – Ted Krueger (Blog|Twitter)
- How It Works: XEvent Output and Visualization – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Using Triggers to Automatically Add Indexes – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- Nice computers don’t need to go to the toilet, says Barclays
- How to Learn Any Language in Record Time and Never Forget It
- UK to allow driverless cars on public roads in January
If you have a suggestion for inclusion, general feedback or just want fancy a chat then get in touch. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend.
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week!