Good reads from around the Web.
The best way to make sure you don’t miss a blog post and enjoy these SQL Server links every week is to Subscribe to get them delivered free, direct to you by email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Well Known and Not So Well Known SQL Tuning “Knobs and switches” – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- When DBCC DROPCLEANBUFFERS doesn’t work – Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- Basic VMware and Hyper-V Terminology for the SQL Server DBA – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Availability Groups, Agent Jobs, and #Powershell – Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Query Hash Formula Changes Between Versions – Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Point in Time Recovery for Memory—Optimized Tables – Kalen Delaney (Blog|Twitter)
- Are Index ‘Included’ Columns in Your Multi-Column Statistics? – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- Error Creating Remote Distro When Creating a Local Distro – Robert L. Davis(Blog|Twitter)
- Compressing LOB (XML) Data in the Database – Dmitri Korotkevitch (Blog)
- Forced parameterization to the rescue – CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- SQL Server, Hyper-Threading and OLTP Workloads – Chris Adkin (Blog|Twitter)
- Should You Be a SQL Server DBA? (video) – Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)