Short and sweet today, here’s what you enjoyed reading the most this year on the blog. No accounting for taste then.
- How To Become a SQL Server DBA
- My Guide To Passing Exam 70-432
- Top 10 Junior DBA Interview Tips
- The Database Administrators Primary Responsibility
- Performing Fast SQL Server Delete Operations
- 10 Character Traits of Outstanding DBAs
- How Much Memory is Each SQL Server Database Using?
- SQL Server Books
- Your Road To Becoming a DBA
- How To Identify The Most Costly SQL Server Queries Using DMVs
For a blogger looking back on the years most popular content is always an “interesting” exercise. It’s not uncommon for those posts we author and think are going to be killer content to not even register on the radar. This can be for a whole mix of different reasons ranging from SEO to the fact that the content actually does suck, it happens.
Readership numbers have continued to grow very nicely through all channels (on site visits, RSS Subscriptions and Email Subscriptions) this year. The conversation has been so rich and entertaining that I recently (just last week) launched the SQLBrit Community Forum with the goal of providing a more robust platform for our discussions to develop. There’s already some great threads under way so be sure to join in and have your say. It’s early days yet but I really do hope we can develop the community forum into a valuable resource for us all. It’s a completely new thing for me so I’m looking to you guys to help support and nurture the community, start your own threads, put forward your ideas and suggestions.
Here’s just some of the conversations currently taking place in the community forum:
- Consider Not Setting Goals in 2013
- Share Your Favourite Performance Scripts
- What Character Traits do You Look For in a DBA?
- What to Get Your DBA This Christmas