It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
SQL Server Links
- Geoflow? Is that it, Microsoft? - Jamie Thomson(Blog|Twitter)
- How expensive are column-side Implicit Conversions? - Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter)
- How Much Cache Do You Have? - Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter)
- Easy automation of SQL Server database maintenance - Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter)
- The Sch-M lock is Evil - Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Server Inventories - Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter)
- Microsoft Let new SQL Server version name slip? - Richard Douglas (Blog|Twitter)
- Cloud Alternatives to Microsoft SQL Server - Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Creating a Windows Azure Virtual Machine – the RIGHT Way - Buck Woody (Blog|Twitter)
- Estimating Data Compression Savings in SQL Server 2012 - Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Parsing Glenn Berry’s Diagnostic Information Queries With PowerShell - Wes Brown (Blog|Twitter)
Misc. Technology Posts
- The Art of the One-Pager - Phil Factor
- Super-powered battery breakthrough claimed by US team - BBC News Technology
- Performance Tuning Your WordPress Blog - Steve Karam
- Twitter launches #Music service - BBC News Technology
- Game designer spills beans on chubby-fancying chap with his stolen Mac - TheRegister
Have you enjoyed a blog post this week that deserves a mention? Share it in the comments and on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
If you enjoyed this weeks round-up of SQL content please show your support by sharing it. Click a share option at the top of the on site post.
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!