Jun 29, 2012
Something for the Weekend – SQL Server Links 29/06/12
It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Five Things That Fix Bad SQL Server Performance - He can’t fix all your problems but five is certainly a great start, it’s Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter).
- 5 Second Rule Doesn’t Apply to Dropped Databases or Does It? - Some very handy DBA know how this week from Robert L. Davis(Blog|Twitter).
- Your Transaction is in Jeopardy — and You Can’t Even Know It! - Rallying the troops in support of hit Connect case, it’s Adam Machanic (Blog|Twitter).
- Why Your SQL Server’s Network Connection Matters - Describing the nuances of SQL Server 2012′s AlwaysOn that you MUST be aware of, it’s Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter).
- CPU Hyperthreading: Is it ON or OFF - A handy helping of PowerShell magic from Amit Banerjee (Blog|Twitter).
- Resolving Error 33204 SQL Server Audit could not write to the security log - Using Process Monitor to get to the heart of the problem, it’s Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter).
- The Use and Abuse of RECOMPILE in SQL Server (Video) - Query performance tuning with Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter).
- Does Encryption Affect Seeing Statements in Deadlock Graphs? - Taking a closer look with Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter).
- Row Overflow Pages – Index Tuning - An excellent and detailed walk-through courtesy of Ted Krueger (Blog|Twitter).
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Google unveils Nexus tablet made by Asus and Project Glass pre-orders
- Techies evac’d as raging wildfire menaces $100m Colorado data centre
- Google claims Chrome is the world’s most popular browser
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing the post . Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!