It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
Welcome to you SFTW regulars, in a break from the norm I will be providing this weeks roundup of SQL Server goodness in John’s absence. First off allow me to introduce myself my name is Chris McGowan I hail from Manchester here in the not so sunny UK and have been a database administrator for the last 6 years. I choose SQL Server as the focus for my career with the intention of specializing in one product rather than being a “Jack of all trades” after earning my crust as a Windows Server engineer. Oh how blind I was at the time, I had know idea just how big a product SQL Server actually was and it only continues to grow with each release! :) I blog not nearly enough as I would like to and you can also find me on twitter.
On a final note I would like to thank John for giving me the opportunity to be involved in his great feature and hope that you enjoy the content herein.
So in true SFTW fashion…
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- When does autogrowth happen for SQL Server data files? – Back to basics with Thomas LaRock – (Blog|Twitter) Where is the bacon?
- Is Data Science “Science”? – Intriguing question posed by Mr Buck Woody – (Blog|Twitter)
- Customizing Extended Events Templates in SQL Server 2012 – A subject right at the top of my to learn list Extended Events from the master of the feature Jonathan Kehayias (Blog|Twitter)
- The Importance of Interactive SQL on Hadoop – An insight into Interactive SQL and Hadoop, unstructured data brought to you by Daniel Abadi (Blog|Twitter)
- Exploring Semantic Search Key Term Relevance – Exploring new features Joe Sack (Blog|Twitter) looks at Semantic Search Key Term Relevance in SQL Server 2012
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Use the SQL Server Event Calendar to keep informed of all upcoming SQL Server events, User Groups, and training opportunities here in the UK. You can also add this calendar alongside you existing Google calendar.
Misc Technology Posts
- Steer By Wire Cars! – Another example of our reliance on technology – BBC News Technology
- Windows Azure FREE Trial! – Seriously if you haven’t signed up I suggest you do, I personally am pleasantly surprised with Windows Azure SQL Database :) – WindowsAzure
- Pacemakers open to attack – A frightening thought – TheRegister
What was your favourite post? Read a blog this week that you think deserves a mention? Share your thoughts in the comments and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing it. Please click a share option at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!