It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Using fn_dblog, fn_dump_dblog, and restoring with STOPBEFOREMARK to an LSN - Details of a very cool and exclusively blogged internals function this week from Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter). I was fortunate enough to catch up with the SQL Skills folks this week at IE2 in London. Exceptional training as always!
- SQL Rally 2012: It’s all about the sauce - Sharing his secret ingredient for community success it’s head chef Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server Tricks: How Can I Restore a Subset of My Tables to A Prior Point in Time? - I see questions about restoring specific tables a lot on the forums. How would you solve the problem? Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter) offers some solutions.
- Dell 12th Generation Server Cheat Sheet - Bringing some well needed clarity to the latest hardware offerings from Dell, it’s Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter).
- ‘Backup Completed’ is NOT an Error Message - DBA ponderings from Kevin Kline(Blog|Twitter).
- Video: Heaps in SQL Server: Performance, Maintenance, and Your Sanity - The second offering this week from Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter).
- Lessons From Geordi La Forge - A wishy-washy post then from Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter) this week.
- AlwaysON – HADRON Learning Series: Worker Pool Usage for HADRON Enabled Databases - CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog)
- Enter the 2012 Exceptional DBA of the Year Awards - It’s that time of year again already. Do you have someone in mind that you would like to nominate or put forward? Here’s Brad McGehee (Blog|Twitter) with the details.
- Switching Between Server Core and Full GUI with Windows Server 2012 - Make sure you don’t fall foul of this installation ordering gotcha thanks to the insights of Allan Hirt (Blog|Twitter).
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Please Don’t Learn to Code
- Are Twitter and Facebook changing the way we complain?
- Met Police to extract suspects’ mobile phone data
- Inside Nvidia’s GK110 monster GPU
“If you enjoyed this weeks post of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by
sending me money sharing it so that even more people can enjoy our fantastic community. Simply click one of the share options at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!