It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
What a brilliant two weeks of sporting action we’ve had here in London. I’m gutted that it’s coming to a close this weekend. It’s been an outstanding games packed full of passion, courage, drama and we’ve met some great characters. Team GB have also put in a tremendous performance. Why are we so good at cycling? I think it’s fair to say that the games have been a resounding success! You’ve got to look past the price tag sometimes.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Database Refactoring - Clearly passionate on the subject, it’s Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter).
- Backup to Basics – Video - Another great video from the PLF Team with your host Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter).
- Invitation to T-SQL Tuesday #33 – Trick Shots - Get involved in the community and share your thoughts/stories/insights through T-SQL Tuesday, this month hosted by Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server 2008 Diagnostic Information Queries (August 2012) - Every DBA has a tool kit of handy scripts and this set is one that you absolutely must make sure to include, courtesy of author Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter).
- SQL Server DBA Interview Questions Video - Something a little bit different then this time form Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter) and the PLF Team. I bet you can’t answer all of these! Well can you?
- You’re Doing It Wrong: 5 Factors That Affect Database Performance - Man I’ve been hearing that a lot lately ;-) Make sure you don’t fall foul of these thanks to Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter).
- Microsoft Whitepaper – AlwaysOn Solution Guide: Offloading Read-Only Workloads to Secondary Replicas - A heads up via Pinal Dave (Blog|Twitter) that there’s a new Whitepaper avaialble.
- Cloning SQL Permissions for users - A T-SQL coding tip here from Amit Banerjee (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Virtualization Question and Answer Webcast - Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Cranky Series: What Makes Mike a Cranky DBA and Why? - Glad to see I’m not the only one getting all cranky on the job. Mike Hilwig (Blog|Twitter) shares his thoughts, part of an excellent series.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Use the SQL Server Event Calendar to keep informed of all upcoming SQL Server events, User Groups, and training opportunities here in the UK. You can also add this calendar alongside you existing Google calendar.
Misc Technology Posts
- Productivity vs. Guilt and Self-Loathing
- Microsoft: It’s not Metro, it’s Windows 8
- Glaswegian scientists snap entangled particles
What was your favourite post? Read a blog this week that you think deserves a mention? Share your thoughts in the comments and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing it. Please click a share option at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!