It’s SFTW Time, I hope you’ve had a great week!
Make sure you don’t miss this weekly round-up of SQL Server Links, community news and technology banter by Subscribing to the Blog Feed.
You can also receive posts via Email.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- How It Works: Online Index Rebuild – Can Cause Increased Fragmentation – An look at some of the lesser know internal goings on of Online Index RebuildOperations, from the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- Compute Scalars, Expressions and Execution Plan Performance – You know what’s coming, it can only be more high quality and informative content from Mr Paul White (Blog|Twitter).
- Write a Killer Technical Resume in Five Steps – Get your resume polished up with these tips from Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter). You might also enjoy my post How To Write An Interview Winning Resume.
- Cloud Computing: Start with the problem – I missed this post from the round up last week but I wanted to include it now because I think Buck Woody (Blog|Twitter) shares a Yoda moment with us. There’s an important message for all you problem solvers, so that’s everyone reading.
- Where’s Your Company’s #SQLHelp Resource? – An interesting idea from Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter). I’m not sure how well received this would be in corporate environments, it requires the masses to actually think and put a little effort in ;-)
- SQLskills training goes online worldwide (and free in September!) – Free stuff! What more do you need to know? Shared courtesy of Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter) and the folks over on Pluralsight.
- Does This Datatype Make My Column Look Fat? – Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Where Does SQL Server Store the Source for Stored Procedures? – An nice clear investigative walk-through of some internals from Mark S. Rasmussen (Blog|Twitter).
- Strange Sch-S / Sch-M Deadlock on Machines with 16 or More Schedulers – An intriguing bug recently encountered by the CSS SQL Server Engineers (Blog).
- Scary SQL Surprises Webcast Video – Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter) and the PLF Team.
- CHECKDB internals: what is the BlobEater? – Following on from some Twitter discussions earlier in the week, Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter) shares the details behind the mysterious BlobEater.
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Use the SQL Server Event Calendar to keep informed of all upcoming SQL Server events, User Groups, and training opportunities here in the UK. You can also add this calendar alongside you existing Google calendar.
Misc Technology Posts
- Amazon launches new Kindle Fire tablets in UK – BBC News Technology
- Google’s stats show few Android tablets in use – TheRegister
- Raspberry Pi being manufactured in the UK – BBC News Technology
What was your favourite post? Read a blog this week that you think deserves a mention? Share your thoughts in the comments and find me on Twitter(@SQLBrit).
“If you enjoyed this weeks fix of SQL goodness the best way you can show your support is by sharing it. Please click a share option at the top of the on site post.”
Have a great weekend!