I hope you’ve had a great week!
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Implementing SQL Server solutions using Visual Studio 2010 Database Projects - An impressive collection of experience and insight packed into this article for you, courtesy of Jamie Thomson(Blog|Twitter).
- DBA Survivor: Learning how to rock out with databases - This title from Thomas LaRock has been available for some time now but it’s something I consider a classic for the well rounded DBA. Here’s Mike Fal (Blog|Twitter) with his thoughts on the book.
- The Art of the Execution Plan - Proof that being a DBA really is a beautiful thing, it’s Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter).
- Survey results: How cluster key size can lead to GBs of wasted space - Sharing the results of his latest community survey, I give you Paul Randal (Blog|Twitter).
- Forcing a Parallel Query Execution Plan - More fascinating query plan internals Paul White (Blog|Twitter)
- DO YOU MAKE THESE 5 DATABASE DESIGN MISTAKES? - Thomas Larock (Blog|Twitter)
- Conor vs. SQL Azure/SQL Server 2012 - Find out whether or not your existing databases are compatable with what can be hosted right now on SQLAzure, courtesy of Connor Cunningham (Blog).
- Notes on Scalability - Discussions of scale from Jeremiah Peschka (Blog|Twitter).
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Misc Technology Posts
- Worm steals 45,000 Facebook passwords
- Boffins demo time-warp cloaking device
- Google search home page revamp promotes other services
- Official: File-sharing is a religion… in Sweden
Have a great weekend!