I hope you’ve had a great week!
This week has been just crazy! So much so in fact that there was almost no SFTW post this week. I know right, just shocking. Not wanting you dear loyal reader to go without , here’s this weeks sql goodies but without the usual commentary and witty banter you have come to love/hate. Feel free to add your own commentary on this weeks posts in the comments! Hmm interesting that’s an idea, maybe some of you would like to guest post SFTW one week?
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Techie Stuff. Enjoy!
SQL Server Links
- Microsoft Support Policies for Windows Server and SQL Server
- Powershell to Automate SQL Compare
- Importance of monitoring a database mirroring session
- SQL Server Configuration Manager in SQL Server Denali
- Restirct access to Local System Administrators on SQL Server
- Poll Reveals DBAs Actively Tune TEMPDB
- Query Tuning Fundamentals: Density, Predicates, Selectivity, and Cardinality
- Ridiculously Unnormalized Database Schemas – Part Three
- Is a clustered index best for range queries?
- Making Use of Plan Explorer in my own Environment
- Conor vs. Views/Tables
- Where is the SQL Azure Development Environment
- Be Prepared: Collecting Data from sp_WhoIsActive in a Table
- Are You Putting Out?–The SQL OUTPUT Clause
UK SQL Server Upcoming Events
Provisional Dates for your Diary:
- MANCHESTER – Wed 2 Mar
- LEEDS – Thu 3 Mar
- LEEDS – Wed 11 May
- MANCHESTER – Thu 12 May
- MANCHESTER – Wed 15 Jun
- LEEDS – Thu 16 Jun
- LEEDS – Wed 20 Jul
- MANCHESTER – Thu 21 Jul
Misc Technology Posts
- Hacktivists target Egypt and Yemen regimes
- Microsoft lands big handbag on Google’s copy kisser
- Google eyes Apple in tablet war
That’s it for this week. What was your favourite post?