Good reads from around the Web.
It’s Something For The Weekend(SFTW) time, I hope you’ve had a great week.
Here’s your weekly roundup of SQL Server Blog Posts, News and Technology Stuff. Enjoy….
From the SQL Server blogs
- Recruiter Email Fail - Bob Pusateri (Blog|Twitter)
- Did Microsoft Stop Releasing SQL Server Service Packs? - Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- SQL Server Hekaton (XTP) in-memory Tables: Range Indexes and Row Chains - Tony Rogerson (Blog|Twitter)
- Myths and Misconceptions about Transaction Isolation Levels - Klaus Aschenbrenner (Blog|Twitter)
- Full Scans/sec Doesn’t Mean What You Think - Kendra Little (Blog|Twitter)
- One Intel Processor Family to Avoid For SQL Server 2012/2014 - Glenn Berry (Blog|Twitter)
- Time for a Quick Rant - Grant Fritchey (Blog|Twitter)
- Generating Concurrent Activity - Michael J. Swart (Blog|Twitter)
- Schema-only Backups and Restores - Robert L. Davis(Blog|Twitter)
- Improving the Performance of Backups - Jes Borland (Blog|Twitter)
- Scaling-out SQL Server disks and data files on Windows Azure Virtual Machines - Microsoft SQLCAT (Blog)
Other Stuff Worth Reading
- The Problems with Remote DBA Companies Today - Brent Ozar (Blog|Twitter)
- Easter egg hunt: Seven secrets of the world wide web - BBC News Technology
- Snowden speaks: NSA spies create ‘databases of ruin’ on innocent folks - TheRegister
- Microsoft in more hacking misery - BBC News Technology
- The internet is ‘a gift from God’ says Pope Francis - TheRegister
SQL Community Forum Conversations
Being discussed right now in the SQLBrit Community Forum by Data Professionals
Like these links? Subscribe to get them every week! Thanks and have a great weekend.